The Judge Rotenberg Center (JRC) is a special needs day and residential school located in Canton, Massachusetts, licensed and approved to serve ages 5 through adult. Our blog is a place where you can learn more about the day-to-day life of our students and clients, and details of our program.
Since 1971, JRC has provided very effective education and treatment to both emotionally disturbed students with conduct, behavior, emotional, and/or psychiatric problems,as well as those with developmental delays or on the autism spectrum. Our specific goal is to provide each individual with the least intrusive, most effective form of treatment to insure his/her safety, the safety of others, and promote healthy growth and development. JRC is committed to providing the most effective educational program possible.
Our Specialized Education Programs Offer:
- Near Zero Rejection Policy JRC does not reject or expel student due to the severity of their behavior.
- Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Based Treatment Plans Student programs are directed by clinicians with doctoral and masters level training in behavioral psychology.
- Elimination or Minimization of Psychotropic Medications JRC attempts, wherever it is professionally appropriate to do so, to minimize the use of psychotropic medication, and to substitute the use of a highly structured behavioral program in its place.
- State of the Art Educational Software This software is developed in-house and has allowed students who have fallen behind in their academic skills to make up as much as several grade levels in a single semester.
- Powerful and Varied Reward Program Students are paid for completing academic work. Students also can earn the opportunity to fill paid after-school jobs within JRC departments and offices. Classrooms have rewards areas with TVs, radios, games, etc. Onsite we also have a Movie Theater with a snack bar, Lounges with the most up-to-date gaming systems, Internet Café, Beauty Salon, and Retail store.